From: Lyndon Drake <isenguard-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Changing LaTeX output for citations inside footnotes
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 05:39:57 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 16988 bytes --]

Hi Sukil,

Thanks, you were quite correct about the second problem. I've amended that
and it now works, at least in the sense that it is altering the output in
the general way I want.

On the first problem, I can just pandoc.stringify the prefix and suffix,
and concatenate. The problem with that is I will then lose any Markdown
formatting, which is not entirely uncommon in a prefix, and even
occasionally in a suffix. I can work around it for this document, I guess,
by just being careful not to use any Markdown formatting in these
instances, but I'd love to find a way to take a set of Inlines and convert
it to a format without adding a block.