* self-contained not working on remote page?
@ 2019-04-10 17:30 Joseph Reagle
       [not found] ` <a0736fd7-4c44-8aa0-c4e6-eb5be5a7d604-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2019-04-10 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm wondering why the following does not grab and embed the associated css into the new HTML file?

```
pandoc --self-contained http://www.macmillanhighered.com/BrainHoney/Resource/6698/digital_first_content/trunk/test/wref8efull/wref8efull_chapa3_3.html -o signal-phrases.html --verbose
```

* Re: self-contained not working on remote page?
       [not found] ` <a0736fd7-4c44-8aa0-c4e6-eb5be5a7d604-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-04-11  0:39   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <yh480kd0ltjryl.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-04-11  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Reagle, pandoc-discuss

--self-contained only affects the writer.  It will
bring in CSS referred to in the HTML pandoc would
produce from your source.  To see what this is,
use pandoc -t html -s on this source.  You'll see
that the default pandoc template is used, not the
HTML header of the source document.

@ 2019-04-11 12:34       ` Joseph Reagle
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2019-04-11 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 4/10/19 8:39 PM, John MacFarlane wrote:
> You'll see that the default pandoc template is used,
> not the HTML header of the source document.

Okay, thanks. I was hoping I might be able to use pandoc to create
an archive of a webpage that is more self-contained than `wget --page-requisites`.