* How to prevent ellipsis encoding with the -smart extension in .md to .tex conversions?
@ 2021-11-06 12:30 dever...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found] ` <a54fa9ee-3356-445e-9cf6-167d1d91156bn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: dever...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2021-11-06 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have a test markdown file containing the following:

Some typographic ‘characters’ in “this document” are ellipsis… (space after
or not) …plus—emdash—and en–dash.

Using the Pandoc smart extension <https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#typography>
to turn off typographic conversion works for all but the ellipsis—here's
the generated .tex file:

Some typographic ‘characters’ in “this document” are ellipsis\ldots{}
(space after or not) \ldots plus—emdash—and en–dash.

Is there a way of preventing the conversion of the typographical ellipsis …
into \ldots and (if there's no following space) \ldots{}?

* Re: How to prevent ellipsis encoding with the -smart extension in .md to .tex conversions?
       [not found] ` <a54fa9ee-3356-445e-9cf6-167d1d91156bn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-11-07  1:38   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2v914pwwx.fsf-d8241O7hbXoP5tpWdHSM3tPlBySK3R6THiGdP5j34PU@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-11-07  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dever...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org, pandoc-discuss

There isn't.  It would require a change to the LaTeX writer;
feel free to make the suggestion on our bug tracker.

@ 2021-11-07 14:44       ` dever...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found]         ` <73106f4a-88dc-409c-8aea-9061931439ebn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: dever...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2021-11-07 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks - can you please point me to the relevant bug tracker?

@ 2021-11-07 22:49           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <m2sfw7pomm.fsf-d8241O7hbXoP5tpWdHSM3tPlBySK3R6THiGdP5j34PU@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-11-07 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dever...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org, pandoc-discuss

https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues

@ 2021-11-10 21:45               ` dever...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found]                 ` <e094a851-5703-42c4-a694-64b01d91c1b0n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: dever...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2021-11-10 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks. The fix is now on GitHub
<https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/commit/9c153e3d6e877ce53e8e4f5a9c44f682b973e777>,
so instead of awaiting the next release, I'm wondering if might be able to
edit the "…Writers/LaTeX/Util.hs" Haskell file directly in my OS X Homebrew
install - if so, where might I find it?

@ 2021-11-10 23:49                   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]                     ` <yh480kpmr7woz7.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-11-10 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dever...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org, pandoc-discuss

Haskell is a compiled language; you'd have to recompile the
sources, not just modify them.

But an easy solution is to grab a nightly:
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/actions/workflows/nightly.yml

@ 2021-11-12 13:35                       ` dever...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
From: dever...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2021-11-12 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Is is possible to install the nightly with Homebrew—something like `brew
cask install --cask pandoc-nightly`?

@ 2021-11-13 13:12                       ` dever...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
From: dever...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2021-11-13 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss