* Print footnote at the end of each chapter
@ 2022-07-16  8:20 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found] ` <aefe7d21-3dbd-4a08-acb7-0f8154d6712en-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss @ 2022-07-16  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I am compiling with pandoc markdown with documentclass scrartcl over LaTeX
to pdf. I have several articles in one file and would like to print the
footnotes at the end of each article.

I tried pandoc-crossref, but apparently it is not supporting footnotes and
needs in the anchor a leading keyword like `@fig:` or `@sec:` `@lst:`. But
footnotes are not supported (please correct me).

I tried with `--reference-location=block|section|document` in my Makefile
like follows:

```
all: save typeset open

.PHONY: all
save:

typeset:
    pandoc                                                    \
      --from         markdown                                 \
      --to           latex                                        \
      --out             articles.pdf                               \
      --pdf-engine      pdflatex                                 \
      --bibliography articles.bib                             \
      -F pandoc-crossref                                     \
      --reference-location=section                             \
      --citeproc                                              \
      --csl          csl/din-1505-2-numeric-alphabetical.csl \
      --lua-filter   pandoc-gls.lua                              \
      articles.md

open:
    open articles.pdf
```

Probably wrong idea. Perhaps somebody could point me to the right direction

marek

* Re: Print footnote at the end of each chapter
       [not found] ` <aefe7d21-3dbd-4a08-acb7-0f8154d6712en-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-07-17  9:01   ` 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found]     ` <2f1b62af-3a08-487e-9a44-3e8ed0d3cd5en-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss @ 2022-07-17  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Some more explanations, to provoke an answer. I need inline References,
wich are collected at the end of each article. I tried with [1] or [(1)]
 or [1][Fn:1]  etc

But in my section:

## References and sources

[1]: First Footnote
[(1)]: First Footnote
[Fn:1]: First Footnote

is printed nothing. In the pdf-file the anchor seems to be linked, but on
click leading to nothing.

in my Header includes is also

___

- \usepackage{hyperref}
- \hypersetup{pdftitle={Articles
22022},pdfauthor={myself},pdfsubject={Subjects}}

___

Are these informations sufficient to help me out?

I would be very grateful for any hint in the right direction

marek

@ 2022-07-17 14:27       ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2022-07-17 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss

Have you tried to use a dedicated LaTeX package such as endnotes (https://ctan.org/pkg/endnotes)?

@ 2022-07-17 18:34         ` 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found]           ` <53b53720-9cfc-449f-a3a9-e7948c7b3f21n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss @ 2022-07-17 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Merci infiniment Bastien,

Did you succeeded to implement `\endnotes` into a mark-down document? What
I did so far: I added in my Yaml Meta Datablock

- |
  ```{=latex}
    \let\footnote=\endnote
  ```

In my text body

```{=latex}
\endnote[1]{This is a footnote at the end}
```

And in my Sources chapter

```{=latex}
\theendnotes
```

With and without the enclosing ```{=latex} ... pandoc does not like
`\endnote`

Perhaps `pandoc-crossref` is the way to go?

marek

@ 2022-07-17 19:36             ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2022-07-17 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss

Did you add "\usepackage{endnotes}" before "\let\footnote=\endnote"? Unfortunately (or fortunately) no, I never had to use endnotes... pandoc-crossref will not help you here, you must configure this in LaTeX.

@ 2022-07-17 20:44               ` 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found]                 ` <4af3664b-3552-4f66-b86e-b63bad2d59e9n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss @ 2022-07-17 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thx again. `texman endnotes` does not tell anything about a package. I
tried but an error pops up:
One moment! I tried again. Apparently I inserted the wrong package name in
singular. Now it is working!

For other users to resume:

in the

header-includes:
- \usepackage{endnotes}
- |
 ```{=latex}
   \let\footnote=\endnote
 ```
In the text body:

text text text \endnote[1]{This is a footnote at the end}

New Paragraph \endnote[2]{This is a footnote at the end} with text

And in the Sources & Footnotes Chapter

```{=latex}
\theendnotes
```

Inconvenient although is: you have to number your footnotes yourself! And
John MacFarlane will be shouting on me, mixing up markup with LaTeX...

@ 2022-07-17 20:58                   ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2022-07-17 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss

Fortunately for John MacFarlane, he will not need shouting on you, for you can do all this one a more simple way! See the attached file.

Le Sunday 17 July 2022 à 01:44:07PM, 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss a écrit :
> [...]
>     > pandoc-discuss/53b53720-9cfc-449f-a3a9-e7948c7b3f21n%[7]
>     40googlegroups.com.
>     >
>     > [1] [8]https://ctan.org/pkg/endnotes
>     > [2] -
>     > [3] [9]https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/
>     > [4] [10]http://40googlegroups.com/
>     > [5] -
>     > [6] [11]https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/
>     2f1b62af-3a08-487e-9a44-3e8ed0d3cd5en%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&
>     utm_source=footer
>     > [7] mailto:pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
>     > [8] [12]https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/
>     53b53720-9cfc-449f-a3a9-e7948c7b3f21n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&
>     utm_source=footer
>

> --
> pandoc-discuss/4af3664b-3552-4f66-b86e-b63bad2d59e9n%40googlegroups.com.

[-- Attachment #2: test.md --]
[-- Type: text/markdown, Size: 376 bytes --]

---
header-includes:
- |

  ``` {=latex}
  \usepackage{endnotes}
  \let\footnote\endnote
  ```
---

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet^[First footnote], consectetuer adipiscing elit. Ut purus elit,
vestibulum ut, placerat ac, adipiscing vitae, felis^[Second footnote]. Curabitur dictum
gravida mauris. Nam arcu libero, nonummy eget, consectetuer id, vulputate
a, magna.

\theendnotes

* Re: Print footnote at the end of each chapter
@ 2022-07-18  5:08                     ` 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss
From: 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss @ 2022-07-18  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss