* How to prevent CSS from being embedded?
@ 2023-06-10 16:31 Mahela Munasinghe
       [not found] ` <CAPfJ9TiL1sEvMaMOa_Z1UVW_u6=Dz8xZOMaN_vqw36SP+A1EzQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Mahela Munasinghe @ 2023-06-10 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello.
I am using pandoc to convert some markdown study notes to html.
The final html is hosted on GitHub pages so that I can access it from
anywhere.
Becuase my notes contain images, I have to use the
--embed-resources option with pandoc in order for the html to display
correctly.

The problem arises when I went to add CSS to style the notes.
I have found many css sheets to style the html. (
https://markdowncss.github.io/)

However, because of the --embed-sources pandoc encodes the CSS as base 64
and somehow the CSS in the rendered HTML does not render on any browsers.
I know the raw CSS itself works because I manually added the CSS to the
html and it formats the page properly.

I feel that if I can prevent the CSS from being encoded (even when using
the --embed- resources option) and preserve it as a link to an external
css, my page should display properly.
I have searched for possible solutions and some posts suggest using a
data-external="1" flag to prevent a source from being embedded.

See here: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/8362#issuecomment-1272612851

But that describes how to do it for mathjax, not css.
Could someone show me an example of how to do the same thing for css?

Thank you!

* Re: How to prevent CSS from being embedded?
       [not found] ` <CAPfJ9TiL1sEvMaMOa_Z1UVW_u6=Dz8xZOMaN_vqw36SP+A1EzQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-06-21  1:27   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2023-06-21  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw