* Extract Images from Markdown to Docx
@ 2021-09-12 14:51 Michael Becker
       [not found] ` <587134c4-83b5-4983-b329-3f3c1da7913dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Michael Becker @ 2021-09-12 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi there, I'm on a Mac M1 min. Have pandoc 2.14.2 installed.  I'm trying to
convert a .mb to .docx file. The file converts fine, but the images are not
getting extracted. The .md file renders the images just fine. Something is
clearly wrong with my extraction path "

" --extract-media=media"" but I can't figure it out. I've tried various
combinations of this

--extract-media=/Users/myname/pandocSP/media/
--extract-media=/media

Does anyone have any tips on how I can debug this?

Michael

* Re: Extract Images from Markdown to Docx
       [not found] ` <587134c4-83b5-4983-b329-3f3c1da7913dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-09-12 15:34   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2lf41zu2l.fsf-jF64zX8BO0+FqBokazbCQ6OPv3vYUT2dxr7GGTnW70NeoWH0uzbU5w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-09-12 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Becker, pandoc-discuss

You shouldn't use --extract-media for md -> docx (but do use it for the
reverse conversion).  For md -> docx it should just work.
But there are some complexities if e.g. your markdown files
are not in the directory where you're using the pandoc command.
(See the manual under rebase_relative_paths: you could try
with `-f markdown+rebase_relative_paths` to se if that helps.)

If you want help with this, the best thing is to create a zip
file with everything needed to reproduce the problem (a markdown
document, as short as possible, and the images you're using),
together with the exact command you're using.

@ 2021-09-12 16:38       ` Michael Becker
From: Michael Becker @ 2021-09-12 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss, John MacFarlane