* Converting markdown to html not including image?
@ 2020-08-21  2:18 Gavin
       [not found] ` <976c40c2-3180-4756-bcba-2a6ab7aa2bd4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Gavin @ 2020-08-21  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi all,

I've been testing out a simple conversion from a file written in markdown
into html, and for the life of me I can't figure out why pandoc isn't
converting my image. Everything else seems to convert just fine.

Here's an the relevant syntax in my markdown file:

![test](https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/image70.png)

The link is just an example for testing purposes. When I run the command:

pandoc -s -o example.html example.md

Everything works just fine *except* right in the html I have
"![test](https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/image70.png)"
not at all converted.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

* Re: Converting markdown to html not including image?
       [not found] ` <976c40c2-3180-4756-bcba-2a6ab7aa2bd4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-08-21  3:18   ` Gavin
       [not found]     ` <fdc3d446-c62c-4107-90a2-44ec892bef9bn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Gavin @ 2020-08-21  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

OK I'm posting my solution in case it helps anyone... as stupid as it was:

Spaces. Make sure there are no leading spaces before the exclamation point.

@ 2020-08-21 18:56       ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]         ` <m2zh6nbzfg.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-08-21 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gavin, pandoc-discuss

Leading spaces are fine -- but if you have 4 or more, you
get an indented code block instead of an image.

@ 2020-08-22 16:29           ` Gavin
From: Gavin @ 2020-08-22 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss