Thank you BP for your input. But I think, we have a small misunderstanding here. I was referring to footnotes , which is a special type of references, I think, not speaker notes. BP schrieb am Montag, 14. September 2020 um 14:17:49 UTC+2: > On 2020-09-14 00:00, anna ecke wrote: > > At the moment, the location where footnotes are rendered into can be > > configured with the option reference-location > > . > Unfortunately, > > it only takes effect when rendering markdown. I'd like to get my > footnotes > > rendered into the same slide it was mentioned/written in. > > > > My question is now, would it make sense to propose this on github as a > > feature request, or should I just go ahead and write a filter for this? > I'm > > not an Haskell expert and I haven't checked out the code base to look > what > > needs to be changed to make that kind of behaviour work or what amount of > > effort it might take. > > > > Happy to hear any opinion or even receive links the code responsible for > > this or to projects that have solved this already. > > > > cheers, > > ae > > > > Nothing prevents you from constructing your notes manually, placing note > references as sequential numbers in the text and a list with each note > text at the appropriate list number at the bottom of each slide. > Presumably no links between note markers and notes would be needed in a > slide show, which makes things easier, although you might want to wrap > the note numbers in the text in spans with a class and the lists with > notes in divs with another class for styling. > > Using a little CSS magic and a Lua filter you can both get note > references and note list numbers styled and colored appropriately, *and* > reveal yourself of the need to insert note numbers manually, although > you still need to insert divs with an appropriate class where you want a > note reference to appear, and need to make sure that the notes in the > list come in the right order relative to the note references in the text > of each slide. > > Something like this: > > ``````markdown > ## Slide heading > > The text [mentioning]{.note} some [thing]{.note} or [other]{.note} goes > here. > > :::notes > > 1. Text for note. > 2. Text for note. > 3. Text for note. > > ::: > `````` > > and then in some appropriate place some custom CSS: > > ``````css > span.note:after { > content: counter(note-ref-counter); > vertical-align: super; > color: blue; > font-size: 50%; > } > > div.notes ol { > list-style: none; > font-size: 50%; > } > > section.slide, section.title-slide { > counter-reset: note-ref-counter note-counter; > } > > div.notes ol li:before { > content: counter(note-counter); > vertical-align: super; > color: blue; > display: inline-block; > width: 1em; > margin-left: -1em; > } > > span.note { > counter-increment: note-ref-counter; > } > > div.notes ol li { > counter-increment: note-counter; > } > `````` > > This should give you blue superscript note markers and blue superscript > list markers without any trailing dot, automatically numbered > sequentially for each slide. > I tried to make the count be for the whole file rather than for each > slide, but Chrome insists on resetting the counters to 1 when they have > reached 9. Perhaps someone who understands CSS counters better than I do > knows how to fix that. > > Finally you need to apply the following Lua filter when running Pandoc, > so that the `
` elements wrapping the note lists really are divs and > not `