I have successfully installed pandoc-include ( https://pypi.org/project/pandoc-include/) and I run it calling the filter as usual: pandoc —filter=pandoc-include test.md -o test.pdf The filter is a python—panflute filter. The pandoc-include documentation suggests to add this item to the document header: pandoc-options: - --filter=pandoc-include but it seems ineffective, since an explicit call of the filter in the command line is necessary. I also added to ${HOME}/defaults/defaults file this line: filters: - --pandoc-include but again nothing happens. I’m sure I’m missing some basic step, and I am grateful in advance for your kind help. guido (northern Italy) Disclaimer: I have already asked the same question in the pandoc-include discussione group. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/7de5029a-c8b8-4f17-bf76-fdf1abd522b0n%40googlegroups.com.