The reason I have citation keys in MS Word is a consequence of my original workflow: Scrivener > markdown > pandoc-citeproc > MS Word, BTW described here: https://medium.com/@andrzej.wodecki/scrivener-for-scientific-writing-setup-af5edf4482b8 But at the final stage of my writings I escaped from Scrivener (export to MS Word), with only citation keys left in my doc. If only I start from scratch in MS Word that wouldn't be a problem, but... My temporary workaround (very primitive, but works) is: 1. docx > pandoc > markdown 2. markdown: replace all \@ by @ 3. markdown > pandoc-citeproc > docx Anyway, if you have any ideas for anything smarter would be nice to hear :) Yours, Andy W dniu środa, 25 marca 2020 14:11:06 UTC+1 użytkownik Joseph napisał: > > > On 3/25/20 8:01 AM, Andrzej Wodecki wrote: > > Second trial > > with in.docx: > > Pandoc doesn't expect to find markdown (including pandoc's citation > syntax) in a Word file. That only works in markdown files (and perhaps org > files). So when it sees a citation in word->markdown, it takes it > literally, and escapes the brackets so it remains so in the markdown. > > Perhaps someone else can recommend a configuration that won't escape > citation syntax, allowing you to go to markdown, and then from that back to > Word. > > This seems convoluted though. If you're using Zotero, why not use the Word > plugin for that? Or, why not stay in markdown as your source document? > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/7e7dfd7e-1bf1-4557-a5f0-e686d48e2438%40googlegroups.com.