I didn't really make clear enough in the original post: with pandoc in these cases I'm going from Markdown to docx. Sorry. John Carter Wood schrieb am Freitag, 20. Mai 2022 um 13:00:49 UTC+2: > I have been working on creating a CSL style for the publication > house-style at my institution: I've been making progress adapting another > style but am running into a few issues that seem to only crop up when using > the CSL during a document transformation with pandoc (version 2.18, with > CSL file specified in a YAML block). In the preview for the visual editor > they look OK and when I insert them via Zotero's connector into a > LibreOffice / Word document they look fine too; however, when I create the > docx via pandoc there are unwanted variations on a few points > > There are a few issues, but the format for items in collections seems to > be the main one. > > Here is a screenshot of the same citation: the one on top (which formats > incorrectly) was created by using pandoc. The one on the bottom (which > formats correctly) was directly inserted into the document using Zotero's > functionality in LibreOffice. > [image: CSL-pandoc-issues.png] > > The problems: > 1. et al. is capitalising > 2. (ed.) is capitalising > 3. the p./pp. contextualisation isn't working right: using pandoc, when > the locator is a single page, *the page range for the whole citation* > revert to a single "p.", even when it should be plural; if the locator is > more than one page, then "pp." appears in both, as it should. > > As I said, when looking at style using the example citations in the visual > editor at for CSL (https://editor.citationstyles.org/visualEditor/), it > also looks right (as in the second cite.) > > [image: CSL-IEG-Visual-Editor.png] > > I am running into a few other challenges with working out CSL, but since > this one seems to specifically relate to using pandoc (which is my main > workflow, as I write in Markdown), I thought I would ask here whether this > is a known issue, whether I'm doing something wrong and whether there's a > way to solve this. > > Here, for reference, is my CSL file (which is still a work in progress): > > https://pastebin.com/xefmukzw > > Thanks in advance for any help. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/7eba7c69-7dae-4f82-92ac-6e98b3bcb639n%40googlegroups.com.