Hello, I have the following markdown source, containing some latex macros and I would like to convert it both to html and pdf. --- title: Hello --- \DeclareMathOperator*{\E}{\mathbb E} This is some math: $\E x$ I can convert it to html, using `pandoc hello.md --mathml -s -o out.html`, but conversion to pdf fails (complaining that \DeclareMathOperator can only be used in the preamble): $ pandoc hello.md -f markdown-latex_macros -s -o out.pdf Error producing PDF. ! LaTeX Error: Can be used only in preamble. I can successfully convert the markdown to pdf, by moving the macros to a separate `macros.tex` file and including it with `-H`, however I would like to keep a single input markdown file, which should be converted to both html and pdf. Having the macros in a separate file would be ideal, so I could avoid duplicating them in each source file. I also tried to make a lua filter to dynamically include `macros.tex` when converting to html, but it does not seem to work. mt, contents = pandoc.mediabag.fetch("etc/macros.tex", ".") macros = pandoc.read(contents).blocks function Pandoc(doc) return pandoc.Pandoc(macros .. doc.blocks, doc.meta) end Could anyone give me any hints? Thank you, Germano -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/7ee100cd-c4d9-4e00-9648-7c11675be7dd%40googlegroups.com.