From: "'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss" <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Once again: Cyrillic bold characters not rendered by Pandoc
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 17:52:46 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello all!

Sorry, I already asked this question here. But I could not resolve this problem. I would be **very** grateful for a solution. If there is no solution, I have to switch to LaTeX - and this will be hard for a three hundert page book.

Pandoc does not render bold face in Cyrillic. I just tried to put my Markdown document into LaTeX - and it is working!

Here my Minimal Working (or not working) Examples:

1. in LateX
2. in Markdown
3. Makefile for Markdown

***

\documentclass[fontsize=12pt,a4paper]{scrartcl}
\usepackage[russian,english,french,main=ngerman]{babel}
% \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
% \usepackage[T1,T2A]{fontenc}
% \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}

\begin{document}

\tableofcontents

\bigskip

\section{Wir, Russen, haben zwei Heimaten: unser Russland und Europa.}

\selectlanguage{english}

Chapters in \textbf{Cyrillic} are not bold. Text between two asterisks are not rendered bold. Could somebody help me out?

I tried with

\begin{verbatim}
	  --pdf-engine 	 xelatex								 \
\end{verbatim}

Second Question: how to comment out lines in a Makefile?

Thank you for your help!

\selectlanguage{russian}

\section{У нас, у русских, две Родины – наша Россия и Европа.}

\textbf{Выхожу один я на дорогу;}\newline
Сквозь туман кремнистый путь блестит;\newline
Ночь тиха. Пустыня внемлет богу,\newline
И звезда с звездою говорит.

\end{document}

***

---
documentclass: scrartcl
# Tests also with documentclass: article
fontsize: 12pt
pagesize: a4paper
# maintfont: "Times New Roman"
colorlinks: red
urlcolor: mygray
header-includes:
- \usepackage[russian,english,french,main=ngerman]{babel}
- \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
# - \usepackage[T1,T2A]{fontenc}# No bold Characters at all
# does not change anything:
- \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
- \usepackage{xcolor}
- \definecolor{mygray}{gray}{.45}
include-before:
- \tableofcontents
- \bigskip
---

# Wir, Russen, haben zwei Heimaten: unser Russland und Europa.

```{=latex}
\selectlanguage{english}
```

Chapters in **Cyrillic** are not bold. Text between two asterisks are not rendered bold. Could somebody help me out?

I tried with

```
	  --pdf-engine 	 xelatex								 \
```

Second Question: how to comment out lines in a Makefile?

Thank you for your help!

```{=latex}
\selectlanguage{russian}
% \newfontfamily\cyrillicfont[Script=Cyrillic]{Times New Roman}
```