* Allow extending Docx Reader to keep landscape and columns information
@ 2023-07-14 16:08 Felix SOEDJEDE
From: Felix SOEDJEDE @ 2023-07-14 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello,

I would like to know if the Docx reader can be extended.

Few months ago, I created these two issues:
- https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/8057 - Keep columns information
during the conversion
- https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/8054 - Keep landscape information
during the conversion

The support of keeping landscape from docx to markdown was legitimately
closed because there is a mention in the manual (
https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#description) that
> Because pandoc’s intermediate representation of a document is less
expressive than many of the formats it converts between, one should not
expect perfect conversions between every format and every other. Pandoc
attempts to preserve the structural elements of a document, but not
formatting details such as margin size.

For my use case, I need to keep landscape and columns information when
converting from docx to markdown. My team doesn't work directly on markdown
files.

As it's not something that Pandoc could add currently, I want to try to
extend the Docx Reader to handle implement the handling of Landscape and
Columns.

If it’s possible, can someone give me an example of implementation I could
rely on?
If it's not possible, is it something that could be implemented as new
feature (The feature would be that Docx reader could be extended to handle
more cases)

Regards,

Félix