* YAML for Biblatex bibliography -- new program
@ 2019-08-29 14:17 Guido Milanese
From: Guido Milanese @ 2019-08-29 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have uploaded to CTAN an interactive bash script that helps in the
preparation of a LaTeX snippet ora a YAML/markdown block. A series of
questions / multiple choices screen provide the user with style options. At
the end of the process, a YAML block or a LaTeX snipped is produced.
The program is useful only for Biblatex users, bot YAML/markdown and LaTeX.
It is no useful for plain BibTeX LaTeX) or CSL (markdown) users.

This is a YAML/Biblatex output example:

---
citation_package:    biblatex
biblio-style:    philosophy-verbose,backend=biber,
biblatexoptions:    |
    sorting=nty,isbn=false,url=true,doi=false,eprint=false,
shorthandintro=true,scauthorsbib=true,scauthorscite=true,lowscauthors=false,inbeforejournal=false,annotation=false,library=false,relatedformat=parens,publocformat=publocyear,volnumformat=plain,volumeformat=arabic,editionformat=arabic,,
    latinemph=true,commacit=true,
bibliography:
-    /home/myname/biblio.bib
---

Link: https://ctan.org/pkg/zblbuild?lang=en
Requirements: a bash shell and a recent version of "zenity" for graphical
interface.
The script has been tested only on a Linux plat­form, but should work on
any plat­form run­ning bash + zen­ity.

I would be grateful (a) for testing (b) for information about running the
program on other platforms. Besides Linux, I have an old Win7 system, but I
would be interested in trying the script on a Win10 bash shell.

Thanks you and best regards from NW Italy.
guido