* preserve-tabs and line_blocks
@ 2022-10-12  9:47 Alcuin York
       [not found] ` <ea4af10c-e784-4194-b1f0-b8135c76355an-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Alcuin York @ 2022-10-12  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

From my own understanding of the pandoc manual, it seems that the
--preserve-tabs option does not apply to line_blocks. And from my own
attempts this also appears to be the case. So, 2 questions:

1. Is this correct (--preserve-tabs does not apply to line_blocks).

2. If yes to 1, would it be possible to incorporate it into pandoc?

* Re: preserve-tabs and line_blocks
       [not found] ` <ea4af10c-e784-4194-b1f0-b8135c76355an-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-10-12 16:11   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <00528E94-4F91-40DC-89A2-F7D25C42B83A-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-10-12 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

First, note that only initial indentation of lines is significant in line blocks; internal consecutive spaces will be collapsed anyway.

Second, --preserve-tabs does apparently have an effect, but it's not what you'd expect;

% printf "|\thi" | pandoc -t native
[ LineBlock [ [ Str "\160\160hi" ] ] ]
% printf "|\thi" | pandoc -t native --preserve-tabs
[ Para [ Str "|" , Space , Str "hi" ] ]
% printf "| \thi" | pandoc -t native --preserve-tabs
[ LineBlock [ [ Str "\160hi" ] ] ]

You should go ahead and put something about this on the bug tracker.

@ 2022-10-13  7:56       ` Alcuin York
From: Alcuin York @ 2022-10-13  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss