From: "christi...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org" <christian.kolen-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Do Pandoc's conversion functions which exist in both directions guarantee/aim for bijectivity?
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 14:34:08 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

No worries. I should have mentioned where you could get the info than just
saying it’s there

It is mentioned in the manual in a subtle way. After you read this thread
then you’d understand the wordings in the manual means it is not bijective.
(I forgot what wording it uses, but the problem is that the info is there
but sometimes not immediately recognizable. May be it didn’t use the word
lossy, but did mention it’s limitation.)

It is also frequently mentioned in this pandoc-discuss. And in fact I was
in your shoes asking for this years ago and wrote a summary on this here.
Ie rather than searching the whole web, searching pandoc-discuss would be
more fruitful.

But sometimes the search here aren’t great, ironically I think searching in
google with a phase of pandoc-discuss might help narrow it down better.

Also, I share your frustration that stuffs we ask/mention are almost always
out there but just that we can’t discover that. So rather than tempting
others to correct you (that the info does exist), simply asking it might be
better, and that’s what pandoc-discuss is for. Unlike GitHub issue where
people should obey much stricter rule of not emitting noise (frequently
violated in pandoc’s issue tracker unfortunately and people are too kind to
suppress them), pandoc-discuss is for any pandoc related questions,
repeated or not.