* Including DJOT reader and writer in compiled Pandoc
@ 2022-12-28 18:02 Thomas Byskov Dalgaard
       [not found] ` <3441BD7B-5172-41F6-874F-950BA63FA704-AHfMSizzl90sTMJHDOTzqX9LOBIZ5rWg@public.gmane.org>
From: Thomas Byskov Dalgaard @ 2022-12-28 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi!

I have followed the development of DJOT since it started. There are custom reader and writer for Pandoc. I understand it has not ben easy to create these in the first place, and now it can be quite complicated to install packages and fetching GitHub content.

Is it possible to include the DJOT reader and writer like other readers and writers in pandoc so one can type
pandoc -f djot -t html -o filename.html filename.dt
Is this already in the roadmap or should a GitHub issue be created for this?

Best regards Thomas

* Re: Including DJOT reader and writer in compiled Pandoc
       [not found] ` <3441BD7B-5172-41F6-874F-950BA63FA704-AHfMSizzl90sTMJHDOTzqX9LOBIZ5rWg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-12-29  2:28   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <2F735960-5659-4780-AF0E-BB0AF842084B-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-12-29  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Djot is pretty experimental; I think I want to wait til it settles down a bit (and see if people actually want to use it) before I include it as a regular reader/writer. So for now you need to use the lua scripts.

@ 2022-12-29 12:02       ` Thomas Byskov Dalgaard
       [not found]         ` <AE561250-2C85-463D-877B-145C25F4715E-AHfMSizzl90sTMJHDOTzqX9LOBIZ5rWg@public.gmane.org>
From: Thomas Byskov Dalgaard @ 2022-12-29 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi John!

Ok, just want to mention here that I really like DJOT, so now I am quite sad that the reader-script seems to be broken. I am not a programmer myself and wish I didn't updated DJOT earlier this week where the scripts worked just fine.

I have reinstalled Pandoc and wonder why the data-dir it shows doesn't exist on my system. Is there a way where I can force it to create it?

Best regards Thomas

@ 2022-12-29 12:16           ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2022-12-29 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

As for the data dir, you have to create and to populate it yourself.

@ 2022-12-29 17:12           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <3ECA20A2-4D59-483D-97E2-02DE05586369-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-12-29 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I've just fixed some problems with the custom reader and writer, and I've added a makefile target to make an "amalgamated" version that builds in the djot library code, so it's independent of Lua libraries. This should help. I've also started testing the custom reader/writer on CI, so hopefully they won't break again.

@ 2022-12-29 19:18               ` Thomas Byskov Dalgaard
From: Thomas Byskov Dalgaard @ 2022-12-29 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thanks and sorry for posting here. Things broke after I posted here, and I was not sure where to do this correct.
I must say though that I hope Djot will continue development. I do not program anything, but really love the format and the ideas behind it, but I will continue over at GitHub.

Best regards Thomas