* 'pandoc-abbreviations' python filter: request for advice/guidance
@ 2016-12-13  8:41 Scott Koga-Browes
       [not found] ` <58db4764-ca7b-4f84-893a-6d6f3260fe47-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Scott Koga-Browes @ 2016-12-13  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have created a python filter which replaces user-definable abbreviations
(stored in a dictionary file and/or in a pandoc markdown source document's
metadata) with their expansions. This is my attempt to replicate the kind
of possibilities offered by LaTeX macros like \newcommand{\osh}{oshigami},
i.e. write '\osh', get 'oshigami' when the document is processed. In the
past I've found this very useful for maintaining consistency throughout a
document, and I missed this when I moved to writing in markdown.

I'm not really a programmer but - based on what I could understand from
looking at other python filters out there - I managed to slap together
something which seems to do what I want it to. However, I'm not really
competent to judge whether it's fit for 'general consumption' and I am
hoping there might be people out there willing to spend a few minutes to
take a look at it and advise me on what needs to be done to make it
'roadworthy'.

This is the repository: https://github.com/scokobro/pandoc-abbreviations

Thanks in advance!

* Re: 'pandoc-abbreviations' python filter: request for advice/guidance
       [not found] ` <58db4764-ca7b-4f84-893a-6d6f3260fe47-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-12-13 21:21   ` Sergio Correia
       [not found]     ` <5c74ed41-79f3-4566-9616-10b2e1224102-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Sergio Correia @ 2016-12-13 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

The checks for spaces and all that part can be replaced with a call to the
stringify() function, but besides that it looks good to me.

@ 2016-12-14  1:07       ` Scott Koga-Browes
From: Scott Koga-Browes @ 2016-12-14  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss