* typst writer
@ 2023-06-10  5:37 Aaron Leonard
       [not found] ` <8634f40f-135b-4b6c-8b95-810d4506c351n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Aaron Leonard @ 2023-06-10  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

hello everyone, im having trouble setting up the typst writer on pandoc.
note im a new user so its likely my issue is extremely simple and an easy
fix (fingers crossed!)

I downloaded this: https://github.com/lvignoli/typst-pandoc

when I run the command "pandoc -t writer.lua input.tex -o output.typ" for
my relevant files I was getting the error that no file or directory is
found.

I changed the path to ~/writer.lua but now am getting the error :

Error running Lua:

No render function for Inline value 'Note';

define a function `Writer.Inline.Note` that returns a string or Doc.

stack traceback:

~/writer.lua:75: in function 'pandoc.scaffolding.Writer.Block.Para'

[C]: in function 'pandoc.scaffolding.Writer.Blocks'

[C]: in function 'pandoc.scaffolding.Writer.Pandoc'

while rendering Block `Para`

while rendering Blocks

while rendering Pandoc

stack traceback:

Is anyone able to help with this? thanks !!!

* Re: typst writer
       [not found] ` <8634f40f-135b-4b6c-8b95-810d4506c351n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-06-10  5:39   ` Aaron Leonard
       [not found]     ` <7696e6b2-40ee-4f75-a487-a3853db56edbn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Aaron Leonard @ 2023-06-10  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

note that im running this on my terminal and followed the basic pandoc
intstructions to convert a rtf to latex file as an example

@ 2023-06-10  5:47       ` Aaron Leonard
       [not found]         ` <0bc1003d-c941-431f-a742-930e92ec0d30n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Aaron Leonard @ 2023-06-10  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

follow up to this! is the custom lua on GitHub different than just using
something like: "pandoc input.tex  -t markdown -t typst -s -o output.typ"
in the terminal? thanks!

@ 2023-06-10  5:50           ` Aaron Leonard
From: Aaron Leonard @ 2023-06-10  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

lastly, if so, is there any better writer for dealing with math symbols in
latex?

@ 2023-06-10 15:18   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2023-06-10 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Since that custom writer was released, pandoc has developed built-in support for output to typst.  Unlike the custom writer, this includes support for translating the math.

So, all you should need to do is:

pandoc -f latex -t typst input.tex -o output.typ

> On Jun 9, 2023, at 10:37 PM, Aaron Leonard <aj.leonard8-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
> hello everyone, im having trouble setting up the typst writer on pandoc. note im a new user so its likely my issue is extremely simple and an easy fix (fingers crossed!)
>
> I downloaded this: https://github.com/lvignoli/typst-pandoc
>
> when I run the command "pandoc -t writer.lua input.tex -o output.typ" for my relevant files I was getting the error that no file or directory is found.
>
> I changed the path to ~/writer.lua but now am getting the error :
>
> Error running Lua:
> No render function for Inline value 'Note';
> define a function `Writer.Inline.Note` that returns a string or Doc.
> stack traceback:
> 	~/writer.lua:75: in function 'pandoc.scaffolding.Writer.Block.Para'
> 	[C]: in function 'pandoc.scaffolding.Writer.Blocks'
> 	[C]: in function 'pandoc.scaffolding.Writer.Pandoc'
> 	while rendering Block `Para`
> 	while rendering Blocks
> 	while rendering Pandoc
> stack traceback:
>
> Is anyone able to help with this? thanks !!!
>
> --

* Typst writer
@ 2023-03-31 23:45 Norman Lorrain
From: Norman Lorrain @ 2023-03-31 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)