Hi, What are you trying to do? Pandoc's markdown (and so Pandoc itself) supports codeblocks (pre or code, I don't remember), divs and spans with attributes (and I believe headers too). I think paragraphs can't have attributes. Cheers, Sukil El 27/06/2022 a las 11:42, 'guenael Muller' via pandoc-discuss escribió: > Hello all, > > Up from the future (10 years !) > > I have a similar issue now with playing with pandoc and weasyprint > using pandoc for the templating. > What seems to be a bit curious, is that some html attribute are > stripped off and some are not. > > Example: > >

Just some > text

Just some text

> > give: > >

Just some text

Just some text

> > I don't get the logic behind the fact that HTML attribute are stripped > for p and not for div. Understanding it may help me make a decision > if it's worth to adapt my HTML depending on this behavior. > > Thanks for your answers, > > Guenael > > Le lundi 12 novembre 2012 à 20:14:26 UTC+1, ousia a écrit : > > Thank you for your explanation, John. > > I'm afraid I cannot code and pandoc's internal representation of the > document (sorry if the naming isn't accurate, but this is really > Greek > to me [χαλεπὰ τὰ καλά, I agree :-)]) is beyond my extremely limited > understanding on these matters. > > I can understand (and I hope I'm not wrong) that pandoc cannot be as > flexible as HTML and this is on purpose. (This might be > problematic for > some uses, as the Spanish law gazette uses no headings, but it > distinguishes the different

with different classes.) > > Not focusing specifically on HTML, I think that pandoc should > allow to > uniquely identify, add to a class and set the language to any > element, > desired text span or division. > > I know that this is related to a couple of messages I sent yesterday. > Sorry for repeating myself, but these are basic features to write > documents. > > From the documentation perspective, it would be to apply the type > Attr > to any constructor from data Block and Inline. And to data TableCell. > > Although language could be defined as a key-value pair in type > Attr, I > think is clearer to define a new specific language attribute. > > Is there anything wrong with this approach? > > Many thanks for your help, > > > > Pablo > > On 11/11/12 23:36, John MacFarlane wrote: > > You've got to remember that pandoc converts the input format to an > > internal representation of the document (the 'Pandoc' > structure), and > > then converts that to the output format. > > > > This internal representation (see > > > http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/pandoc-types/1.9.1/doc/html/Text-Pandoc-Definition.html) > > > is much less expressive than HTML, and doesn't have a place for the > > attributes you want. That's why they are lost on HTML -> HTML > > translation. > > > > +++ Pablo Rodríguez [Nov 11 12 12:19 ]: > >> Hi John, > >> > >> I'm using pandoc mainly to generate ePub files. > >> > >> I used textile first as source language, but it isn't fully > implemented > >> by pandoc and textile itself has issues with multiparagraph > elements. > >> > >> It seems HTML is probably a much better option for pandoc as > source > >> language, although I have to forget footnotes. There is no way > to have > >> it all. > >> > >> But pandoc strips almost all attributes from HTML elements. > >> > >> A minimal sample: > >> > >>

  1. Well there is no other way to tag lingua > >> latina.

  2. Or even classes or ids.

    .
  3. > >>