From: Julien Dutant <julien.dutant-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Recursive citeproc with the multibib lua filter
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 06:40:39 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

I'd be interested in developing this feature for Pandoc-ext's multibib and
especially section-bibliographies and multi-bib
(https://github.com/pandoc-ext/section-bibliographies), if Albert is
willing to consider the addition. I've already developed a recursive
bibliography filter:
https://github.com/dialoa/dialectica-filters/tree/main/recursive-citeproc
It's not the most efficient solution for more recent versions of Pandoc
(this was back in 2.6 I think, and my code isn't the most elegant), but it
works.

It was developed for the journal Dialectica, which has citations within the
bibliography. I'm thinking of porting dialectica to Quarto and make use of
section-bibliographies, so I'd be needing that feature anyway.

Against the inclusion of such a feature: citations within bibliography
entries are a Bib(La)Tex only feature, they may disappear as CSL/JSON takes
over.