* Proper syntax or format to convert markdown to html  when mathjax is in the md
@ 2020-04-23 11:27 Robert Bower
       [not found] ` <c99ef396-3c58-42ea-bdab-5807bb099248-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Robert Bower @ 2020-04-23 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Yes,

I am having trouble converting markdown to html when I have mathjax in the
markdown document.

Here is the source of the markdown

I find this an easy way to post information for students.

<script type="text/javascript" async
  src=
"https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.5/latest.js?config=TeX-MML-AM_CHTML"

  </script>
\(  {x = \frac{{ - b \pm \sqrt {b^2 - 4ac} }}{{2a}}} \)

Here is the syntax I use:

pandoc --mathjax Math2.md -o Math2md.html

Here is what I get:

I find this an easy way to post information for students.

> ( {x = } )

If I look at source the javascript is there it is the

If I save the same document in wiki format and run

pandoc --mathjax Math2.wiki -o Math2wiki.html

The page renders correctly.

Is there a different command line switch I should use when converting from
markdown or something I need to add to the markdown?

Thanks

* Re: Proper syntax or format to convert markdown to html when mathjax is in the md
       [not found] ` <c99ef396-3c58-42ea-bdab-5807bb099248-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-23 13:19   ` Daniel Staal
       [not found]     ` <614001ec-12cb-b635-842c-e483aad42044-Jdbf3xiKgS8@public.gmane.org>
From: Daniel Staal @ 2020-04-23 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 4/23/20 7:27 AM, Robert Bower wrote:
> Yes,
>
> I am having trouble converting markdown to html when I have mathjax in the markdown document.
>
> Here is the source of the markdown
>
> I find this an easy way to post information for students.
>
> <script type="text/javascript" async
>   src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.5/latest.js?config=TeX-MML-AM_CHTML">
>   </script>
> \(  {x = \frac{{ - b \pm \sqrt {b^2 - 4ac} }}{{2a}}} \)

Script elements don't get considered as Markdown, and I think that's
dropping you out here.  What you need is to make it explicit that the
block is HTML, using a raw_attribute block:

---
I find this an easy way to post information for students.

```{=html}
<script type="text/javascript" async

src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.5/latest.js?config=TeX-MML-AM_CHTML">
   </script>
\(  {x = \frac{{ - b \pm \sqrt {b^2 - 4ac} }}{{2a}}} \)
```
---

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.

@ 2020-04-23 13:24       ` Jeremy Theler
       [not found]         ` <c3d7739d9e45093376c9e68328362b2aeac7b02e.camel-24em0bpozeFWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org>
From: Jeremy Theler @ 2020-04-23 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

What about

I find this an easy way to post information for students.

$$
x = \frac{-b \pm \sqrt{b^2 - 4ac}}{2a}
$$

--
jeremy theler
www.seamplex.com

@ 2020-04-23 20:52           ` Robert Bower
From: Robert Bower @ 2020-04-23 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thank to both of you.  Both methods worked.

@ 2020-04-23 20:54   ` Robert Bower
From: Robert Bower @ 2020-04-23 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss