* Image and table in LaTeX
@ 2017-09-21  9:17 Magnus Therning
       [not found] ` <8760cc76mr.fsf-prvltyMypuNg9hUCZPvPmw@public.gmane.org>
From: Magnus Therning @ 2017-09-21  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I've run into an issue that I think relates to the use of the longtable
package combined with floating images in LaTeX. I've put an example at
[1]. As you can see the text on page to just runs off the end of page.
Commenting out either the image or the table results in a proper-looking
document, but of course I really want both in the document at the same
time.

Is there a known work-around for this?

/M

[1]: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kmv65n66nzziol9/AADmZj89Eim8Tv3KWtAZa_aKa?dl=0

--
Magnus Therning              OpenPGP: 0x927912051716CE39
email: magnus-prvltyMypuNg9hUCZPvPmw@public.gmane.org   jabber: magnus-prvltyMypuNg9hUCZPvPmw@public.gmane.org

What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two
months.
     — Fred Brooks

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Image and table in LaTeX
       [not found] ` <8760cc76mr.fsf-prvltyMypuNg9hUCZPvPmw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-09-21  9:26   ` Werner LEMBERG
       [not found]     ` <20170921.112625.923217299757269801.wl-mXXj517/zsQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Werner LEMBERG @ 2017-09-21  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw, magnus-prvltyMypuNg9hUCZPvPmw

> I've run into an issue that I think relates to the use of the
> longtable package combined with floating images in LaTeX.  I've put
> an example at [1].  As you can see the text on page to just runs off
> the end of page.  Commenting out either the image or the table
> results in a proper-looking document, but of course I really want
> both in the document at the same time.
>
> Is there a known work-around for this?

No time to look more closely at your example, but the description
sounds like a very longstanding longtable bug.

  http://www.latex-project.org/cgi-bin/ltxbugs2html?pr=tools/3512

You might try a modified version that includes the patch from the
above bug report, cf.

  http://repo.or.cz/ttfautohint.git/blob/HEAD:/doc/longtable-patched.sty

Note, however, that the fix is not optimal; there are still some
situations where it doesn't work as expected.

    Werner

* Re: Image and table in LaTeX
       [not found]     ` <20170921.112625.923217299757269801.wl-mXXj517/zsQ@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-09-21 12:33       ` Magnus Therning