* Inserting citations into text editors
@ 2017-09-08 17:15 Mendel Kranz
       [not found] ` <97a91bc5-d1da-45ba-8763-1617c8760f88-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Mendel Kranz @ 2017-09-08 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I've been using a number of different writing programs recently, and each
time I make a switch I always run into the same problem, how to easily
insert citations. Most recently I've been satisfied with Sublime Text and
this plugin <https://github.com/sjpfenninger/citebibtex> that reads my .bib
file and easily inserts the pandoc citation. Now I'm fiddling with Ulysses,
and I've run into the problem again: how to easily access and insert my
citations. I plan on continuing to use a .bib file and convert with pandoc.

Since I use Launchbar, I thought that if there were a way to search through
my .bib file with that and insert my citation, this would make the issues
disappear. However, I'm really not sure how to do it. Essentially I'm
looking for the same functionality of that plugin just not tied to sublime
text. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

One related problem I run into with other options, is that I often have one
author with multiple books which can make searching through citekeys
difficult. For instance I may have 5 cite keys listed as @foo123, @foo345,
@foo678, etc. So if, when searching, it could display the author name and
book, and then insert the citekey that would be the best!

PS I've seen some options such as this one by David Sanson
<https://github.com/dsanson/bibdesk-pandoc-export-templates> which uses
bibdesk, and this one which uses text expander
<https://github.com/andrewheiss/pandoc-citekeys>, both of which I've found
a little awkward.