* ANN: pandoc 3.1.2
@ 2023-03-28  0:05 John MacFarlane
       [not found] ` <E861BA57-7C89-4012-8A04-77D9DF190281-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2023-03-28  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw,
	pandoc-announce-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I'm pleased to announce the release of pandoc 3.1.2,
available in the usual places:

Binary packages & changelog:
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/3.1.2

Source & API documentation:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pandoc-3.1.2

Some exciting new features in this release:

- Support for output in Typst, a new TeX alternative
  with incremental compilation and many nice features
  (https://typst.app).

- typst is also supported as a --pdf-engine.

- 'pandoc lua -i' can be used to open a Lua REPL
  with the pandoc environment preloaded.  You can also instruct
  a filter to open a REPL at a certain point, using 'pandoc.cli.repl'.
  This should make it much easier to debug Lua filters.

- We now provide macOS binary releases compiled for Apple silicon.

Thanks to all who contributed, especially Albert Krewinkel
for his work on the Lua subsystem, and new contributors
Amy de Buitléir, Andres Freund, Christian Christiansen, and
Martín Pozo.

* Exit Lua REPL (was: Re: ANN: pandoc 3.1.2
       [not found] ` <E861BA57-7C89-4012-8A04-77D9DF190281-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-03-28 13:52   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhCR4F6YAteNDsmo0GQ5JYYyDyYhxJqX95YppNiNQnqYAQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2023-03-28 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss; +Cc: pandoc-announce-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

How do you exit this new Lua REPL? Neither ^D nor os.exit() works.

Den tis 28 mars 2023 02:06John MacFarlane <fiddlosopher-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> skrev:

> I'm pleased to announce the release of pandoc 3.1.2,
> available in the usual places:
>
> Binary packages & changelog:
> https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/3.1.2
>
> Source & API documentation:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pandoc-3.1.2
>
> Some exciting new features in this release:
>
> - Support for output in Typst, a new TeX alternative
>   with incremental compilation and many nice features
>   (https://typst.app).
>
> - typst is also supported as a --pdf-engine.
>
> - 'pandoc lua -i' can be used to open a Lua REPL
>   with the pandoc environment preloaded.  You can also instruct
>   a filter to open a REPL at a certain point, using 'pandoc.cli.repl'.
>   This should make it much easier to debug Lua filters.
>
> - We now provide macOS binary releases compiled for Apple silicon.
>
> Thanks to all who contributed, especially Albert Krewinkel
> for his work on the Lua subsystem, and new contributors
> Amy de Buitléir, Andres Freund, Christian Christiansen, and
> Martín Pozo.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/E861BA57-7C89-4012-8A04-77D9DF190281%40gmail.com
> .

* Re: Exit Lua REPL (was: Re: ANN: pandoc 3.1.2
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhCR4F6YAteNDsmo0GQ5JYYyDyYhxJqX95YppNiNQnqYAQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-03-28 14:36       ` 'William Lupton' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found]         ` <CAEe_xxh=JGBH9JRdddp-hmCZTQZAqiYX4vmNXO_uVXZewJm7Yw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: 'William Lupton' via pandoc-discuss @ 2023-03-28 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw
  Cc: pandoc-announce-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On my Mac, both Ctrl-C and Ctrl-D exit.

(But command-line editing doesn't seem to work for me. It does work in the
isocline example running in the same terminal window. I could create an
issue for this?)

@ 2023-03-28 14:45           ` BPJ
       [not found]             ` <CADAJKhBpfwNh4r0Baq0CYG5LrwRYzN2aUAUg_68MmhAPy7F4Ew-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2023-03-28 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss; +Cc: pandoc-announce-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Den tis 28 mars 2023 16:37'William Lupton' via pandoc-discuss <
pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org> skrev:

> On my Mac, both Ctrl-C and Ctrl-D exit.

Neither works here.
I killed the terminal session. Hopefully I have no ghost running in the
background.

@ 2023-03-28 15:30               ` Albert Krewinkel
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2023-03-28 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

BPJ <bpj-J3H7GcXPSITLoDKTGw+V6w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Den tis 28 mars 2023 16:37'William Lupton' via pandoc-discuss <
> pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org> skrev:
>
>     On my Mac, both Ctrl-C and Ctrl-D exit.
>

> Neither works here.
> I killed the terminal session. Hopefully I have no ghost running in
> the background.

That's surprising. Please go ahead and raise a bug for this, then we can
try to figure out whether this is on our side or whether it's an
isocline issue.

--
Albert Krewinkel