* add class to section in org-mode
@ 2015-05-23 18:33 Sam Halliday
From: Sam Halliday @ 2015-05-23 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi all,

Is there something I could do in org-mode so that the next paragraph of
text can be placed in a div with a named class on it?

I know I can create a raw HTML section and do it myself, but I'd like of
doing it without having to use dreaded angle brackets :-)

Best regards,
Sam

* Re: add class to section in org-mode
@ 2015-05-26 14:28 ` Richard Lawrence
       [not found]   ` <87zj4r9zwq.fsf-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A@public.gmane.org>
From: Richard Lawrence @ 2015-05-26 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi Sam,

Sam Halliday <sam.halliday-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
writes:

> Is there something I could do in org-mode so that the next paragraph of
> text can be placed in a div with a named class on it?

This probably won't answer your question, but in Org mode, you can add a
CSS class to the div containing a section using the HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS
property like this:

* This is a section
  :PROPERTIES:
  :HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS: myclass
  :END:

  This is inside myclass.

which Org's exporter exports like:

<h2 id="sec-1"><span class="section-number-2">1</span> This is a section</h2>
This is inside myclass.

This only works for sections, though, not individual paragraphs.

Pandoc does not seem to handle this property when reading Org (at least
not as of 1.13.2), so if you're translating with Pandoc, you're out of
luck.  But I thought I would mention this anyway, in case the Pandoc Org
reader wants to grow support for this property.

Best,
Richard

@ 2015-05-26 14:30     ` Sam Halliday
From: Sam Halliday @ 2015-05-26 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)