* class on <table> in html (revealjs) output?
@ 2016-11-13 15:32 Joost Kremers
       [not found] ` <871syf5rar.fsf-97jfqw80gc6171pxa8y+qA@public.gmane.org>
From: Joost Kremers @ 2016-11-13 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss@googlegroups.com

Hi,

is there a way to specify a class for tables in html output? I
mean, on the <table> element? Specifically, I'm producing revealjs
output, but I'd imagine this would work for all html-based output
formats.

My use-case is that I want to be able to style some but not all
tables in a particular way, specifically, without lines between
the rows.

TIA

Joost

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments

* Re: class on <table> in html (revealjs) output?
       [not found] ` <871syf5rar.fsf-97jfqw80gc6171pxa8y+qA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-11-13 20:18   ` BP Jonsson
       [not found]     ` <8f437a37-c9d2-d4e8-5d41-b0e922927d09-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: BP Jonsson @ 2016-11-13 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Den 2016-11-13 kl. 16:32, skrev Joost Kremers:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to specify a class for tables in html output? I
> mean, on the <table> element? Specifically, I'm producing revealjs
> output, but I'd imagine this would work for all html-based output
> formats.
>
> My use-case is that I want to be able to style some but not all
> tables in a particular way, specifically, without lines between
> the rows.
>
> TIA
>
> Joost

Wrap the table in a div with a class and use a CSS child selector:
`div.myclass table { ... }`. Ugly but works, unless of course it
is some magic class which revealjs expects to find on tables, in
which case you can use the script I use in such cases:

https://gist.github.com/bpj/cf324c9c6bf9e59ad0e810a23b2bca8f

/bpj

@ 2016-11-15 14:59       ` Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2016-11-15 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On Sun, Nov 13 2016, BP Jonsson wrote:
> Wrap the table in a div with a class and use a CSS child
> selector:
> `div.myclass table { ... }`. Ugly but works, unless of course it
> is some magic class which revealjs expects to find on tables,

That works, thanks!

> in
> which case you can use the script I use in such cases:
>
> https://gist.github.com/bpj/cf324c9c6bf9e59ad0e810a23b2bca8f

I'll make a note of that in case I ever need it.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments