* Convert Pandoc Markdown to Pandoc Markdown; Inline to Reference Link for Nested Links!
@ 2019-07-02 16:34 Nikhil Agarwal
       [not found] ` <f06b22ca-2ce6-488d-a7b4-3c17323bc388-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Nikhil Agarwal @ 2019-07-02 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi I want to convert the Pandoc Markdown to Pandoc Markdown from Inline to
Reference Link for all Nested Links!

For example:

# Input.md

```markdown
![Step 1 and 13: [Hasta
Uttanasana](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasta_Uttanasana)](https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ed/2Urdva_Hastasana.JPG)
```

# DesiredOutput.md

```markdown
![Step 1 and 13: [Hasta Uttanasana][]][]

[Hasta Uttanasana]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasta_Uttanasana
[Step 1 and 13: [Hasta Uttanasana][]]:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ed/2Urdva_Hastasana.JPG
```

# Output

- I tried the following commands

```bash
$ PandocOption="-s --reference-links"
$ PandocExtension="-f markdown -t markdown-shortcut_reference_links"
$ pandoc ${PandocOption} ${PandocExtension} Input.md -o Output.md
```

- And I got following output (Output.md) ! The image link has vanished!

```markdown
\[Step 1 and 13: [Hasta Uttanasana][]\]\[\]

[Hasta Uttanasana]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasta_Uttanasana
```

Is it possible to get the Desired Output  as shown above as the
DesiredOutput.md?

Thanks!

Nikhil

* Re: Convert Pandoc Markdown to Pandoc Markdown; Inline to Reference Link for Nested Links!
       [not found] ` <f06b22ca-2ce6-488d-a7b4-3c17323bc388-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-07-03 10:04   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-07-03 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikhil Agarwal, pandoc-discuss

Here's what I get with your input when I use the
command

pandoc -t markdown-shortcut_reference_links --reference-links

![Step 1 and 13: [Hasta Uttanasana][]][]

  [Hasta Uttanasana]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasta_Uttanasana
  [Step 1 and 13: [Hasta Uttanasana][]]: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ed/2Urdva_Hastasana.JPG

That's what you want, right?  You seem to be running
pandoc through some sort of other program, and I don't
know what version you have?