* Slide level in lua filters
@ 2023-01-12 14:29 Bruno Grenet
       [not found] ` <5716cb0a-c39c-4bf4-9449-cfd4aa06aeffn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Bruno Grenet @ 2023-01-12 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Is it possible to access the *computed* slide level from a lua filter?

I know that one can access to the slide-level command line option, though
it is not always explicitly provided. In that case, the writers (? not
sure) determine a slide-level by some rule. My question is whether this
slide level can be used inside a lua filter.

For my use case, other possibilities may exist. Indeed, I am creating
Beamer slides from markdown. What I'd really like to access is the
"(beamer) block level": That is, headers with a level lower than the slide
level are converted to beamer blocks in the LaTeX writer. I'd like to be
able to apply a filter on these beamer blocks. This corresponds to applying
a filter to headers of a certain level, determined with respect to the
slide level. It may be possible to achieve what I want with a custom
writer, but I would prefer to stick to filters that I am more familiar with.

Thanks,
Bruno

* Re: Slide level in lua filters
       [not found] ` <5716cb0a-c39c-4bf4-9449-cfd4aa06aeffn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-01-12 19:18   ` Albert Krewinkel
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2023-01-12 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Bruno Grenet <bruno.grenet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Is it possible to access the *computed* slide level from a lua
> filter?

Currently not. But that features is part of PR #8485, which is in the
works and under review. https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/pull/8485

--
Albert Krewinkel