* Lua: pandoc.read() with current reader options
@ 2023-02-19 13:11 BPJ
       [not found] ` <CADAJKhAcGpKWDNFU85hauzRLF+Y-n2T-PyAnE6L8YSvJbJYqyA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2023-02-19 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

This one is for Albert I guess.

Is it now possible to invoke `pandoc.read()` inside a filter and apply the
reader options from the current invocation of `pandoc`? If so how?

The use case is that I have a defaults file which sets certain options and
then a filter which conditionally replaces code blocks containing markdown
with the result of reading that markdown and I would like to use the same
options as for the surrounding text.

* Re: Lua: pandoc.read() with current reader options
       [not found] ` <CADAJKhAcGpKWDNFU85hauzRLF+Y-n2T-PyAnE6L8YSvJbJYqyA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-02-20  6:24   ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]     ` <87mt58df5s.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2023-02-20  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

BPJ <melroch-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> This one is for Albert I guess.
>
> Is it now possible to invoke `pandoc.read()` inside a filter and
> apply the reader options from the current invocation of `pandoc`? If
> so how?

    local flavor = {
      format = 'markdown',
      extensions = PANDOC_READER_OPTIONS.extensions
    }

    function CodeBlock (cb)
      return pandoc.read(cb.text, flavor, PANDOC_READER_OPTIONS).blocks
    end

With that, everything in code block will be parsed in exactly the same
way as the main input.

Cheers!

--
Albert Krewinkel