* any way to set max size of images when converting to pdf
@ 2022-02-02 21:18 koi
       [not found] ` <d2c311eb-430f-46a3-a332-0e8ff3bef555n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: koi @ 2022-02-02 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

i generally convert md to pdf and add screenshots to md files which comes
out to be soo big in rendered pdf is there any way or hack so that i could
specify some thing in header.tex file etc so that sizes of all images get
limited by a specified limit
yes i know about ![](img.png){width=50%) thing but it is not desireable as
it cause issues with other markdown viewers

* Re: any way to set max size of images when converting to pdf
       [not found] ` <d2c311eb-430f-46a3-a332-0e8ff3bef555n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-02-03  0:33   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <yh480k1r0kn60g.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-02-03  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: koi, pandoc-discuss

The default LaTeX template already contains this code
which limits images to page width:

% Scale images if necessary, so that they will not overflow the page
% margins by default, and it is still possible to overwrite the defaults
% using explicit options in \includegraphics[width, height, ...]{}
\setkeys{Gin}{width=\maxwidth,height=\maxheight,keepaspectratio}

You could perhaps use this approach with, say, 3in instead of
\maxwidth?

@ 2022-02-03  8:18       ` koi
       [not found]         ` <b3f61f7b-d308-44c1-aac4-723ae6e1e636n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: koi @ 2022-02-03  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

thanks Jhon for kind help
I tried this but i am getting following error

*command*:  pandoc -H head.tex -s  --toc -V geometry:"left=3cm, right=3cm"
Intro.md -o out.pdf

Error producing PDF.
! Undefined control sequence.
\Gin@@ewidth ->\1
                 00
l.97 ...926ccfb5cf22660c94dd1053318fe9b4f5ea7.png}

@ 2022-02-03  8:37       ` koi
From: koi @ 2022-02-03  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

i am using
\setkeys{Gin}{width=\2in,height=\2in,keepaspectratio}

in heat.tex file and getting error as i mentioned

@ 2022-02-03  8:48       ` koi
       [not found]         ` <ec1538e2-e3a0-42c0-80d8-85fd23d57ae8n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: koi @ 2022-02-03  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

i just basically want to impliment  this
![test image](test.jpg){width=90%}   <-------

without doing this in markdown file but instead defining some settings in
some other file and using it with pandoc while compiling md to pdf

@ 2022-02-03  9:23           ` Albert Krewinkel
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2022-02-03  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw; +Cc: koi

koi <aneeqasifscent-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> i just basically want to impliment  this
>
> ![test image](test.jpg){width=90%}   <-------
>
> without doing this in markdown file but instead defining some settings
> in some other file and using it with pandoc while compiling md to pdf

Lua filters lend themselves to this. Put the following code into a file
and pass that file to pandoc via a `--lua-filter` command line
parameter.

``` lua
function Image (img)
  img.attributes.width = img.attributes.width or '90%'
  return img
end
```

--