From: Jesse Rosenthal <jrosenthal-4GNroTWusrE@public.gmane.org>
To: russurquhart1
	<russurquhart1-H+0wwilmMs3R7s880joybQ@public.gmane.org>,
	pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Cc: russurquhart1-H+0wwilmMs3R7s880joybQ@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Please give the Docx reader a test drive
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 15:45:57 -0500	[thread overview]

Dear Russ,

This is not a useful way to submit a bug report:

 1. Immediately after an email saying this thread was not a good place
    to submit a bug, and directing you to the issue tracker, you sent an
    email to this thread, and not to the issue tracker.

 2. You sent a 35-page document without telling me where the problems
    are. It would take me the better part of an hour to read the output,
    let alone find the errors

    What you really want here is a MWE (minimal working example) (see
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimal_Working_Example). Find the
    table in question, cut it into its own document, and submit it.

 3. You didn't offer either the output or the expected output. I'm not
    sure from your description what *precisely* you think you should have
    gotten, so it's hard to compare or test.

I'm sure the problems are there, and I'd love to take a stab at fixing
them. I doubt that they're "simple," as you say, because these formats
aren't simple. But blocks inside table cells is something I came across
as a problem recently, and I think I fixed it in the dev version. And
inherited list environments are an ongoing issue that will require some
major plumbing work (I'm guessing that's probably your problem, but I'm
not sure). But if you want your particular issues addressed any time
soon, you can't just dump a document and say "find the table." You need
to submit to the correct place, be specific about the issues, and not
push the labor of finding the relevant parts onto us.

Best,
Jesse