* Why is csquotes mentioned in the manual?
@ 2018-07-01 23:10 Gandalf Saxe
       [not found] ` <af57e645-e9a8-4fab-bea4-2a58a8c74c88-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Gandalf Saxe @ 2018-07-01 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

>  csquotes <https://ctan.org/pkg/csquotes> will be used for typography
> <https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#typography> if added to the template or
> included in any header file.

From manual <https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#creating-a-pdf>.

Isn't it just the case that any package added to the default template
and/or included in the header, will be loaded? Why mention csquotes?

* Re: Why is csquotes mentioned in the manual?
       [not found] ` <af57e645-e9a8-4fab-bea4-2a58a8c74c88-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-07-02  2:28   ` Greg Tucker-Kellogg
       [not found]     ` <50f9615e-8fb3-49e5-8068-0825017c8e5d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Greg Tucker-Kellogg @ 2018-07-02  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

The inclusion of `csquotes`  in a template or header file will transform
`"foo"` to `\enquote{foo}`  in latex output.

@ 2018-07-02  2:33       ` Paulo Ney de Souza
       [not found]         ` <CAFVhNZOCqt0t9Rxy72CZsKn=OjKogTG=BQcUygEs4w=7nVSJ3w-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Paulo Ney de Souza @ 2018-07-02  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

And that is the reason why it is mentioned in the manual??? I find it hard
to believe.

I think csquotes is mentioned because it is a package in a separate class
among LaTeX packages - it alter the behaviour of this game rather than
define new ones.

Paulo Ney

@ 2018-07-02 21:36           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <87y3et5ngs.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-07-02 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paulo Ney de Souza, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Paulo Ney de Souza <pauloney-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> And that is the reason why it is mentioned in the manual??? I find it hard
> to believe.

Yes, that's the reason.  In this case, unlike with
other packages, including this package causes pandoc
to emit different latex output (for quoted text).

@ 2018-07-04 11:03               ` Gandalf Saxe
From: Gandalf Saxe @ 2018-07-04 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss