Alright, I asked for AMP configuration (I was thinking something like Lua or whatever is possible to configure pandoc), and I assume there is none such. I wish to get one in future, if anybody makes it. On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 1:07:56 AM UTC+3, Kolen Cheung wrote: > Oh, right, yes AMP does get higher page rank. But by how much? And how > high it will becomes to make the rank relevant? Who are your competitors, > such that a similar search would have involve another blogs/sites such that > they have the budget to develop a separate version of their website in AMP? > My understanding is that similar text published as AMP may get better exposure, faster loading, thus faster publishing through Google, and this in turn may bring new clients, and more business. When I am using markdown to generate HTML pages, the extra budget to develop a separate AMP page for thousands of pages is just the web space expense, plus some little adaptation, to run markdown twice, the second time to create the AMP page. Because some tags are different, pandoc is for me the only markdown variety that may produce such result. I did not study myself the Lua configuration yet to be able to make it myself. As simple as that. I'm just reiterating the point that only those who has fat budget might be > able to deliver AMP in addition to what they were already delivering, and > those may only have minor overlap with your articles. > I maintain just 30-40 websites, I don't know, maybe few thousands of pages, and the budget is so little of importance, as we already use more web space and pay for it, then it is required. It is not even a gigabyte more of pages, probably 100 megabytes or less. > And then let say it move your article from rank 1000000 to rank 10000, > would that be relevant? > The question is not relevant. When competing with other websites, and AMP is the main page, the AMP will get priority with Google. It affects mobile search ranking, and it is logical. > Only when you are so popular to be able to land on the first page of the > search, you might need to worry about any potential benefits of page rank > from AMP. > Exactly. That is my experience since long time, and I don't even consider using AMP for other reasons but competing on first page. Yet popularity was not the subject. It is understandable that there are reasons for creating AMP pages. There is communication channel, that is Google, and Google will give priorities to AMP pages on mobile channel, and mobile channel is today and in future more and more important. While AMP pages may be cached by Google, for me it does not matter, it is similar as distributing the flyer that is distributed from hands of third parties, instead of my hand, the message get across. That is what matters to me, not to every website publisher. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/88b0c4eb-44b6-4e45-966a-97b91a56097d%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.