* Section-numbering depth > 3 for --from org --to html5 ?
@ 2018-09-24 21:19 John Lusk
       [not found] ` <90be5f52-8257-4eb3-b0be-a6ea8c8b4477-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: John Lusk @ 2018-09-24 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hey, so, I tend to go hog-wild with outline structure in org-mode, to the
point that I have 5 or 6 or more levels of subsections, and I'd like to see
them all numbered in html output (like org-mode does for me natively), but
the numbering seems to get truncated at three levels.

Am I missing something, or is this a (semi-) legitimate feature request?

There's a secnumdepth variable for LaTeX; could it also be made available
for HTML?

* Re: Section-numbering depth > 3 for --from org --to html5 ?
       [not found] ` <90be5f52-8257-4eb3-b0be-a6ea8c8b4477-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-09-25  4:37   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2k1nab3ar.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-09-25  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Lusk, pandoc-discuss

If you use

    --number-sections --toc-depth=5

then you'll get five levels numbered.

@ 2018-09-25 18:19       ` John Lusk
       [not found]         ` <bde62e65-fa4e-4f32-86d7-910bdf763bba-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: John Lusk @ 2018-09-25 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, it doesn't seem to work for me.

Using pandoc 2.3, and this command line:

pandoc --from=org --to=html5 --standalone --table-of-contents
--number-sections --toc-depth=6 -o pandoc-sample.html pandoc-sample.txt

and the attached file as input.

(On Windows 10.)

I still only get three subsections and then a series of numbered lists.

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 12:37:49 AM UTC-4, John MacFarlane wrote:

> If you use
>
>     --number-sections --toc-depth=5
>
> then you'll get five levels numbered.
>
> John Lusk <john...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org <javascript:>> writes:
>
> > Hey, so, I tend to go hog-wild with outline structure in org-mode, to
> the
> > point that I have 5 or 6 or more levels of subsections, and I'd like to
> see
> > them all numbered in html output (like org-mode does for me natively),
> but
> > the numbering seems to get truncated at three levels.
> >
> > Am I missing something, or is this a (semi-) legitimate feature request?
> >
> > There's a secnumdepth variable for LaTeX; could it also be made
> available
> > for HTML?
> >
> > --
> <javascript:>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/90be5f52-8257-4eb3-b0be-a6ea8c8b4477%40googlegroups.com.

[-- Attachment #2: pandoc-sample.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 452 bytes --]

# -*- org -*-
#+TITLE: Pandoc Org-to-HTML sample

# Process with pandoc using the following command line:
#
#   pandoc --from=org --to=html5 --standalone --table-of-contents --toc-depth=6 --variable=secnumdepth:6 --number-sections --include-in-header=pandoc-header-extra.html

* Level 1

  blah blah

** Level 2

   blah blah

*** Level 3

    blah blah

**** Level 4

     blah blah

***** Level 5

      blah blah

****** Level 6

       blah blah

@ 2018-09-25 19:34           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <m2tvmd9xrt.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-09-25 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Lusk, pandoc-discuss

Oh, pardon me, it looks like this is an org reader
issue rather than an HTML writer issue:  if you do
pandoc -f org -t native, you'll see

[Header 1 ("level-1",[],[]) [Str "Level",Space,Str "1"]
,Para [Str "blah",Space,Str "blah"]
,Header 2 ("level-2",[],[]) [Str "Level",Space,Str "2"]
,Para [Str "blah",Space,Str "blah"]
,Header 3 ("level-3",[],[]) [Str "Level",Space,Str "3"]
,Para [Str "blah",Space,Str "blah"]
,OrderedList (1,DefaultStyle,DefaultDelim)
 [[Para [Str "Level",Space,Str "4"]
  ,Para [Str "blah",Space,Str "blah"]
  ,OrderedList (1,DefaultStyle,DefaultDelim)
   [[Para [Str "Level",Space,Str "5"]
    ,Para [Str "blah",Space,Str "blah"]]]]]]

@tarleb, who maintains the org reader, could probably
explain how to change this behavior.

@ 2018-09-26  6:46               ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]                 ` <fef9632e-4c16-4e17-85c9-d8107aca3da0-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2018-09-26  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 9:34:49 PM UTC+2, John MacFarlane wrote:

> Oh, pardon me, it looks like this is an org reader
> issue rather than an HTML writer issue:  if you do
> pandoc -f org -t native, you'll see
>
> @tarleb, who maintains the org reader, could probably
> explain how to change this behavior.

This is controlled by the `H` export option. The reader uses `H:3`. Putting
the following line at the top of your document should fix this:

 The current reader mirrors default Emacs behavior. However, this question
comes up rather frequently, so it might be best to change the reader's
default.

@ 2018-09-26 16:06                   ` John Lusk
From: John Lusk @ 2018-09-26 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss