* Role of pandoc, citeproc and csl style with prefix, locator, and suffix
@ 2022-07-23 13:49 Clément Aubert
       [not found] ` <CAPGHSey6b=EQ8ig-jMSc5GSa95zEmCfYEr9yrOfJ=wbqzEkHcQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Clément Aubert @ 2022-07-23 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Good morning,

The following

[@item1 Section 1]
[@item1 p. 12]
[@item1{Definition 12}]

will give with the default style

(Doe 2005, sec. 1) (Doe 2005, 12) (Doe 2005, Definition 12)

but with e.g. elsevier-with-titles.csl (
https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/master/elsevier-with-titles.csl
) I will get

[1] [1] [1]

that is, in this latter case, the locators are just "gobbled up". *I would
like to have that style correctly use the locators.*

The documentation reads

> By default, pandoc will use the Chicago Manual of Style
> <https://chicagomanualofstyle.org> author-date format.

but I couldn't find which actual csl file is used. This one (
https://www.zotero.org/styles/chicago-author-date-16th-edition ) indeed has
a segment
  <macro name="locators">
that is absent from the elsevier-with-titles.csl: is the .csl file the
right place to add this behaviour?

Thanks!
Clément.