* Centering images during conversion to ePub
@ 2019-10-14 14:01 Will Simpson
       [not found] ` <35886056-bcfe-46d2-bf13-1abe9624bf90-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Will Simpson @ 2019-10-14 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'd like to center images on a page when I convert from markdown to ePub. I
can get the images to appear left justified with the markdown code
![](media/176_smoot_0869.jpg)
but I can't figure out what the code would be to center the image on the
page.

Mostly I'd like to be able to center -  left to right, but maybe it might
also be helpful to know if I can center -  top to bottom on the page also.

Can you help explain this? Is MarkDown too basic for this kind of formating?

* Re: Centering images during conversion to ePub
       [not found] ` <35886056-bcfe-46d2-bf13-1abe9624bf90-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-10-14 15:23   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m236fvwduz.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-10-14 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Will Simpson, pandoc-discuss

Centering would be done in epub using CSS.
You can attach classes or directly set the style using a pandoc
markdown extension which allows you to set attributes. For
example,

![](media/whatever.jpg){style="display:block;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto"}

should center the image.

Nicer, though, to use

![](media/whatever.jpg){.centered}

and add a rule for .centered to your epub CSS.
(See --epub-css in the manual.)

@ 2019-10-14 15:39       ` Will Simpson
From: Will Simpson @ 2019-10-14 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss