I'm new to Pandoc. From what I see in the manual, it seems there are only two ways to create heading references: ~~~ # Heading {#identifier .class .class key=value key=value} ~~~ ~~~ For more information about <...>, see [the previous section](#identifier). or For more information about <...>, see [Heading][]. ~~~ The drawback of using the 2nd approach is that if you change the heading itself, the link will be broken. And the drawback of using the 1st approach is that you need to write (and update, if necessary) the link text manually. Is it possible to have the best from both approaches without their drawbacks? Here is what I search for: ~~~ For more information about <...>, see [][#identifier]. or maybe For more information about <...>, see [](#identifier). ~~~ These variations don't work, but the idea is that because the link uses #identifier and not the heading text itself, it is not "fragile", and at the same time, the displayed text is updated automatically, so if you change the heading "Heading" to "My Heading", this won't break the link. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/8b08b876-118d-41cb-9475-e097d069fc1cn%40googlegroups.com.