* Figure numbers go missing when converting from .docx...
@ 2021-04-28 21:04 Gary Friedman
       [not found] ` <0d6a6135-dd7e-482b-b2f2-72f58ec982e5n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Gary Friedman @ 2021-04-28 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi.  I'm not a markdown guy.  I'm just using pandoc to convert my large
.docx file to an .epub.  I've done it successfully with two other books in
the past, but now all of a sudden about 90% of the figures are missing
their numbers, showing "Figure - " instead.

Is this a known issue with a known solution?  :-)

Thanks!  GF

* Re: Figure numbers go missing when converting from .docx...
       [not found] ` <0d6a6135-dd7e-482b-b2f2-72f58ec982e5n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-04-29  2:26   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-04-29  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Friedman, pandoc-discuss

Haven't heard of this.  Is there any clear distinguishing feature
between the figures missing numbers and the others?

Can you provide a sample we can test with?

@ 2021-04-29  3:05   ` Gary Friedman
       [not found]     ` <8e4692ef-6d27-4802-8c94-92a6c58423a3n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Gary Friedman @ 2021-04-29  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks for your response.  Below is a link to the actual file - it looks
like a mess because I modified it to aid the conversion (multiple pictures
were replaced with one image; emoticons were replaced, etc.)  (The original
file was print-ready and looks beautiful.)

http://friedmanarchives.com/~download/A1/A1_v1.0.docx

I convert the file via:

pandoc A1_v1.0.docx --output A1_v1.0.epub

Many thanks for any insights!   GF

@ 2021-04-29 18:01       ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]         ` <m2o8dxc6m3.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-04-29 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Friedman, pandoc-discuss

Not sure what went wrong, but when I downloaded it I just
got a blank document.

@ 2021-04-29 18:02           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <m2lf91c6kn.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-04-29 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Friedman, pandoc-discuss

Never mind, download had not completed; it works now.

@ 2021-04-29 19:13               ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]                 ` <m2im44dhuw.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-04-29 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Friedman, pandoc-discuss

When I first tried converting it, I saw what you reported.
I then looked in the docx container. It seems that the
figure numbers are automatically computed by Word.

When I made an insignificant change in the file and
resaved it, then converted it using pandoc, I got the
figure numbers.

So, I'm guessing that in its initial state, the numbers
weren't "resolved."  Try saving from Word and converting again.

@ 2021-04-29 19:50                   ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2021-04-29 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Refreshing the document / all fields (I don't know exactly
how it is worded) may work. F9 or Maj+F9, if I remember well.

@ 2021-04-30  1:57                     ` Gary Friedman
From: Gary Friedman @ 2021-04-30  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss