* Uninstall pandoc installed via stack?
@ 2018-07-15 14:41 Gandalf Saxe
       [not found] ` <3068f14a-4197-4cd5-a486-83cf4a0a6fe2-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Gandalf Saxe @ 2018-07-15 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm on windows with this one. At one point I compiled pandoc manually with
the stack command, and have since installed pandoc via the windows
installer, and deleted the stack folder.

Now I get this message whenever I run pandoc with something that uses
pandoc-citeproc:

pandoc-citeproc: C:\Users\[USER]\pandoc-citeproc\.stack-work\install\
402aa6ac\share\x86_64-windows-ghc-8.2.2\pandoc-citeproc-0.14.3.1\chicago-
author-date.csl: openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)
Error running filter pandoc-citeproc:
Filter returned error status 1

I removed this folder deliberately and don't want to use this. Why is it
still looking for pandoc-citeproc there, and how do I uninstall it /
deregister it properly?

If I look in my PATH, there is no such folder
"C:\Users\[USER]\pandoc-citeproc\.stack-work\..." there.
if I run `gcm pandoc` and `gcm pandoc-citeproc`, they both point to
`C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\local\bin\pandoc-citeproc.exe`

I have searched quite a bit online, but can't find anything on how to
uninstall/deregister the stack installation.

PS: As a side note, where is the default chicago-author-date.csl from a
installation via "pandoc-2.2.1-windows-x86_64.msi "or
"pandoc-2.2.1-windows-x86_64.zip" As far as I can see they only include the
pandoc.exe and pandoc-citeproc.exe binaries, but no csl files? Is it
included in the pandoc-citeproc.exe binary?

* Re: Uninstall pandoc installed via stack?
       [not found] ` <3068f14a-4197-4cd5-a486-83cf4a0a6fe2-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-07-15 21:53   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2bmb8qi74.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-07-15 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gandalf Saxe, pandoc-discuss

It's probably running the version of pandoc-citeproc
you installed using stack, so you need to get rid of
that to make sure you're using the version that comes
with the installer.

I'd advise getting rid of all the pandoc and
pandoc-citeproc executables on your system, and
running the installer again.

The csl file is baked into the executable installed
by the MSI; it won't appear anyone on your file system.

@ 2018-07-16 10:38       ` Gandalf Saxe
From: Gandalf Saxe @ 2018-07-16 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

A already tried to remove all binaries, even uninstall Stack, and run the MSI installer again, but it’s still looking for pandoc-citeproc in “C:\Users\[USER]\pandoc-citeproc\.stack-work\...”. I just can’t seem to clear out that path. I was hoping you, or someone else, have any idea of how to do this, short of reformatting the whole operating system.

Basically I guess I’m looking for the opposite command of `stack install`.

@ 2018-07-17  9:37   ` Francesco Occhipinti
       [not found]     ` <5e848af2-8b81-4f2a-a0af-9ae264056326-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Francesco Occhipinti @ 2018-07-17  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Do you have the `which` command on your system? Running `which pandoc` will
tell you which executable you are running. Probably you are still running
the executable installed with Stack, which looks for the dependencies
installed with Stack. In that case you can remove the executable, and the
next `pandoc` on your PATH will be picked when you run the command

@ 2018-07-18 10:36       ` Gandalf Saxe
       [not found]         ` <b1617f7f-16d1-4c4e-8d56-beead66b89e5-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Gandalf Saxe @ 2018-07-18 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thank you for the suggest, but I had already checked my PATH, nothing
referring to .stack-work was in there.

However it all worked out after restarting the PC. I'm not used to work on
a system where restarting makes a difference on PATH related stuff (macOS),
but apparently it does on windows. This appears to be sorted out :)

@ 2018-07-18 21:30           ` Gandalf Saxe
From: Gandalf Saxe @ 2018-07-18 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss