Hello, There is an example lua filter in pandoc.org called: "Replacing placeholders with their metadata value" This does exactly what I need but for one exception: If I set a metadata value on the pandoc command line with --metadata=KEY[:VALUE] then the placeholder is not replaced with anything and not the command line VALUE using this example lua filter. Is there an easy fix for this? I am pasting the example from https://pandoc.org/lua-filters.html below. Thanks, Howard ---- local vars = {} function get_vars (meta) for k, v in pairs(meta) do if pandoc.utils.type(v) == 'Inlines' then vars["%" .. k .. "%"] = {table.unpack(v)} end end end function replace (el) if vars[el.text] then return pandoc.Span(vars[el.text]) else return el end end return {{Meta = get_vars}, {Str = replace}} -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/8db3a838-8431-4b75-aac1-94bc29fac675n%40googlegroups.com.