* Accessibility of Pandoc Documents
@ 2017-11-02 14:30 Conrad Cunningham
       [not found] ` <97f31872-3cd8-40f3-a099-e20aee8f5433-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Conrad Cunningham @ 2017-11-02 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have recently started using Pandoc-flavored Markdown to develop materials
for the courses I teach. I generate HTML and LaTeX/PDF for now (and perhaps
other formats in the future). I would like to make sure my documents are
"accessible" according to my university's policy.

Are there any Pandoc-related tools to help check for and ensure
accessibility of the output? (I know the HTML output can be checked with
the WAVE tool, but I was looking for something upstream from
that--templates, filters, preprocessors, etc.)

I have a student looking at this issue. We are open to suggestions on ways
to approach this problem if there is nothing in existence.

Conrad Cunningham, Computer and Information Science, University of
Mississippi

@ 2017-11-02 22:38   ` Kolen Cheung
       [not found]     ` <4669335d-216c-4ab0-8527-4979a3bc6f13-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Kolen Cheung @ 2017-11-02 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I didn’t recall there’s such a tool (I could be wrong though). Have you read through the pandoc-extras in pandoc’s wiki page on GitHub? It seems using a post-processor to check and work backward to tweak your template is the way to go. Although pandoc’s output generally is quite good, but pandoc is no linter as it is not designed to be. So I don’t imagine any tool other than post-processor would help. Even if there’s a template designed to conform to a certain requirements, what pandoc writes could break it that requirement. And then pre-processor/filter are even more difficult to do what you need, because it doesn’t see the resultant format.

Does the doc involve math? If you use MathJax, I think it has been built with accessibility in mind.

* Re: Accessibility of Pandoc Documents
       [not found]     ` <4669335d-216c-4ab0-8527-4979a3bc6f13-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-11-03  1:57       ` Conrad Cunningham
From: Conrad Cunningham @ 2017-11-03  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)