I do not know the answer to this problem in particular, but perhaps it is worth checking the main document *and* the bibliography for invisible control characters (e.g. `\X{A0}`). They tend to cause all sorts of strange problems that result in random error msgs. On Monday, February 27, 2023 at 8:16:20 AM UTC-3 Peter Vedal Utnes wrote: > We have a workflow in Open Journal Systems where we use Pandoc to convert > word documents to EPUB, and then display them with an embedded EPUB app > (Bibi). > > Our resulting EPUBs work fine with both debuggers and viewers like > calibre. They work in Bibi, but only when they are reduced to a certain > length. Whenever the files exceed approx 100 lines or 600 words, Bibi > claims: > > TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘getAttribute’) > > Meanwhile, the same documents works when converted to EPUB using other > converters, or when I reduce the length (length, not size in bytes-- I've > tried with graphics, still works). It suddenly works when I reduce the > length by removing pure paragraph text, even though all the formatted > elements (abstract, references, etc) are the same. > > I recognize that this problem is very specific to the interrelation pandoc > <-> Bibi, but I'd be grateful for general troubleshooting suggestions. > > Thanks in advance, > > Peter > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/8f11cfaf-7c36-4cc6-9866-aa3741d965a4n%40googlegroups.com.