* image formatting in docx and keep image and description together
@ 2015-03-28 11:06 tolot27
       [not found] ` <bef20dea-cd4e-4cec-a0d7-6f4cca91af08-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: tolot27 @ 2015-03-28 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi!

I've one problem with the format of figures in docx. They do not have their
own style and I cannot make them centred. Also, it is not possible to keep
the figure and its description together. Sometimes a figure is at the end
of a page and the description at the next page. That should not happen.

With tables and table description it is similar, but since the table
description is above the table, it is possible to change the paragraph
format of the table caption style to "Keep with next" paragraph.

Is there any native pandoc solution or do I've to write a filter? (once
again ;-) )

--
Kind regards,
Mathias

* Re: image formatting in docx and keep image and description together
       [not found] ` <bef20dea-cd4e-4cec-a0d7-6f4cca91af08-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-03-28 13:30   ` Nick Yakimov
       [not found]     ` <6f15dd9d-9f56-4bdd-b086-58b6d1c6e6e7-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Nick Yakimov @ 2015-03-28 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello again.

Actually, having a dedicated style for figures in docx sounds like a
reasonable idea. Would you create an issue for this proposal on github?

It should not be very hard to implement, but will require yet another
adjustment to reference.docx -- which is a pain
unless https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/pull/2014 is accepted, but oh well.

P.S. I don't think this could be implemented with a filter. It is possible
to insert raw ooxml into AST, but images are a bit of a special case, since
they need to be embedded into docx itself, and that's not something that
could be done with filter.

@ 2015-03-28 15:22       ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2015-03-28 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ Nick Yakimov [Mar 28 15 06:30 ]:

>It should not be very hard to implement, but will require yet another
>adjustment to reference.docx -- which is a pain
>unless https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/pull/2014 is accepted, but oh well.

Sorry, still haven't had time to look at this PR in detail.

@ 2015-03-28 16:05       ` tolot27
From: tolot27 @ 2015-03-28 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw