Hi, I am writing a document in Rmarkdown (so for practical purposes here, just in markdown) that I would like to be able to convert to all of HTML, PDF, and Word (docx). The document has multiple authors with different affiliations. Since I haven't been able to coerce any of the online descriptions of how to mark this setting up formally to work in all three output environments, I tried manually creating the output I wanted by hacking the "date" metadata and exploiting hand-written superscripts. Basically, something like this: author: | | Author One^1^ | Author Two^2^ date: | | ^1^Institution One | ^2^Institution Two Of course, this is a simplified example since there are way more authors and institutions than that, which is why I am using the pipe character to force line breaks. This idea works for both HTML and PDF output. When I try to create the output in a .docx file, neither the Author list nor the Affiliation list (in the hacked ate variable) gets included in the document. If I delete the pipe characters, then the output gets included in the file, but without the line breaks. Why does the YAML pipe character apparently not work for Word output? Is there some setting that I am missing to enable this feature for Word output? Thanks, Kevin -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/9161ae41-4195-40b7-9e60-679e2b7c49e4n%40googlegroups.com.