Thanks for this hard, but certainly right summary. I would be alright with not being able to convert to docx, but I would really like to can create a "standard" PDF (typically with latex). And I would be ready and glad to contribute, but although I have a bit more skills than the "average" (10 years on ubuntu and now debian helps :)), I have no programming skills (and no idea where to start...). I also wonder if it wouldn't be more judicious (easy) to configure my editor to do this, albeit I have the impression the cross references and, especially, the conversion would then be problematic. I also prefer "universal" solutions, but I guess each editor community could develop similar functionalities. So if anyone interested in my issues with some skills or advices, I'm here =) Am Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2018 15:13:08 UTC+2 schrieb Joost: > > > On Wed, Jul 11 2018, Sage Mad wrote: > > Thanks for your answer and proposition. As said, the reason I > > wanna use > > pandoc and markdown (or a language based on it, preferably > > widely used) is > > to have an open document, which allow me to convert it to > > html/css (or > > another "online" format) *and* to "traditional" publishing > > format, like > > Word, Latex and PDF. So although I have tried CSS, I easily > > imagine it > > works, but I'm quite reluctant using it, because it would "close > > me in one > > direction" (the online format). Or am I wrong? > > Well, what you want is obviously something that is not supported > by Pandoc as is. Some of its output formats support it, or can be > made to support it, but Pandoc doesn't have a way to represent it > and therefore cannot convert it to your desired output formats. So > in order to not be bound to one output format, you would have to > implement the missing functionality yourself. Or get someone to do > it for you, of course ;-). > > Note that there are a couple of ways of converting LaTeX to html > (tex4ht and lwarp come to mind, specifically), but to what extent > they support the features you're interested in, I don't know. And > support for e.g., docx is another issue. > > -- > Joost Kremers > Life has its moments > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/9253f18b-9bb8-4a3b-8977-21bb2f867742%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.