* Default latex template: problem on spacing between words on CJK language
@ 2019-10-28  6:21 김정민
       [not found] ` <4676796d-dc13-4ce8-841d-1c87f6a48312-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: 김정민 @ 2019-10-28  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

As described in a link below, conversion from markdown->latex->pdf with
Korean language ignores spacing between words.

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/17292/how-to-write-spaces-between-korean-words-with-xecjk

One of the quick solution is the adding [space] option on xeCJK package as
default.

Several days ago, I made a pull request with a patch that adding [space]
option on xeCJK as default.

https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/pull/5855

I wonder other CJK language user also experiencing same issue and agree
with this solution.

Please give some feedback about.

* Seeking feedback from CJK pandoc users
       [not found] ` <4676796d-dc13-4ce8-841d-1c87f6a48312-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-11-04 16:12   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m28sovaady.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-11-04 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 김정민, pandoc-discuss

It would be great if other CJK pandoc users could comment on
this. Would it pose a problem if the 'space' option were added
on xeCJK as a default?

This option causes spaces in the input to come out as spaces
in the output. Without this option, spaces are ignored and
all letters are run together.

Obviously having 'space' as the default is important for
Korean users. My question is whether the change would be a
problem for Chinese and Japanese users.

김정민 <jeongminkim.islab-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> As described in a link below, conversion from markdown->latex->pdf with
> Korean language ignores spacing between words.
>
> https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/17292/how-to-write-spaces-between-korean-words-with-xecjk
>
> One of the quick solution is the adding [space] option on xeCJK package as
> default.
>
> Several days ago, I made a pull request with a patch that adding [space]
> option on xeCJK as default.
>
> https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/pull/5855
>
> I wonder other CJK language user also experiencing same issue and agree
> with this solution.
>
> Please give some feedback about.
>
> --

* Re: Seeking feedback from CJK pandoc users
       [not found]     ` <m28sovaady.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-11-04 23:56       ` Maria Shinoto
From: Maria Shinoto @ 2019-11-04 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw; +Cc: 김정민

Using Pandoc with Japanese, I see no problem with the space option as default in xeCJK, on the contrary, most welcome.

M. Shinoto