This looks like a great set of tools! Unfortunately, I use Papers, and I tend to manage my citations with just a .bib file that Papers generates. I might try and adapt some of this to work with that though, and to use Launchbar. Not too much work I hope... On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 9:50:48 AM UTC-5, iandol wrote: > > Well, you don't say which reference manager you use, but if you use > Bookends, and you'd consider using Alfred (I switched from Quicksilver), > I've curated a set of Alfred tools including one which searches the > database, and inserts your Pandoc formatted [@citation] in any text editor > or word processor: > > https://github.com/iandol/bookends-tools — becite tool > > You bring up Alfred, type in an author and get an inline list of > references in the Alfred window, then ⌘enter to paste the citation. I use > it with Scrivener, which already has excellent integration with Bookends > (⌘Y quick switches you between text⬄ref), when I know exactly the paper I > want to cite. > > On Saturday, 9 September 2017 01:15:34 UTC+8, Mendel Kranz wrote: >> >> I've been using a number of different writing programs recently, and each >> time I make a switch I always run into the same problem, how to easily >> insert citations. Most recently I've been satisfied with Sublime Text and >> this plugin that reads my >> .bib file and easily inserts the pandoc citation. Now I'm fiddling with >> Ulysses, and I've run into the problem again: how to easily access and >> insert my citations. I plan on continuing to use a .bib file and convert >> with pandoc. >> >> Since I use Launchbar, I thought that if there were a way to search >> through my .bib file with that and insert my citation, this would make the >> issues disappear. However, I'm really not sure how to do it. Essentially >> I'm looking for the same functionality of that plugin just not tied to >> sublime text. Any thoughts would be appreciated! >> >> One related problem I run into with other options, is that I often have >> one author with multiple books which can make searching through citekeys >> difficult. For instance I may have 5 cite keys listed as @foo123, @foo345, >> @foo678, etc. So if, when searching, it could display the author name and >> book, and then insert the citekey that would be the best! >> >> PS I've seen some options such as this one by David Sanson >> which uses >> bibdesk, and this one which uses text expander >> , both of which I've >> found a little awkward. >> > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/948aa732-6996-44b2-a400-8798e5ba3f61%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.