* --biblatex and suppress-bibliography
@ 2023-10-12  8:01 Bruno Grenet
       [not found] ` <66ba712f-f7bd-4ed8-87c0-a768d3c50fa6n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Bruno Grenet @ 2023-10-12  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Dear all,

It seems to me that the metadata field suppress-bibliography has no effect
when using the command-line option --biblatex. A minimal working example:

---
references:
- author:
  - family: Cooley
    given: James W.
  - family: Tukey
    given: John W.
  container-title: Mathematics of computation
  doi: 10.1090/S0025-5718-1965-0178586-1
  id: CooleyTukey1965
  issue: 90
  issued: 1965
  page: 297-301
  title: An Algorithm for the Machine Calculation of Complex Fourier Series
  type: article-journal
  volume: 19
---
This is a citation [@CooleyTukey1965].

Then I can use either

pandoc MWE.md -s --biblatex -o MWE.tex

or

pandoc MWE.md -s --metadata=suppress-bibliography --biblatex -o MWE.tex

and I get in both case the same result, that is the document is finishing
with a \printbibliography.

Am I missing something? Thanks!

* Re: --biblatex and suppress-bibliography
       [not found] ` <66ba712f-f7bd-4ed8-87c0-a768d3c50fa6n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-10-12 16:56   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <7748A3B8-2AFB-413B-9E84-BA643C873CB3-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2023-10-12 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

That's true; this only affects use with citeproc.  I'm not even sure how to make this happen with biblatex.

@ 2023-10-12 18:20       ` Bruno Grenet
       [not found]         ` <8be5ad50-3e06-41ff-9f8b-0f57b8b46c54n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Bruno Grenet @ 2023-10-12 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I did not think about it before, but it seems there is a very simple
solution. I just searched for "printbibliography" in pandoc's source code.
From what I see, it seems that this is added to the .tex file from the
default latex template (line 583). Therefore, it is enough to add a test
for the metadata suppress-bibliography. Basically, it is sufficient to
surround lines 576-586 with "$if(suppress-bibliography)$$else$" and
"$endif$". Is there any problem with this solution?

@ 2023-10-12 18:31           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <DF2A033B-C3DD-4804-8EF0-48D528C3BFC9-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2023-10-12 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I think that should work. You may want to make a pull request.

@ 2023-10-12 18:55               ` Bruno Grenet
From: Bruno Grenet @ 2023-10-12 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss